My Top Five Favorite Movies


Some of us have a favorite movie. Some people love Twilight, others like Star Wars or Disney movies, but it doesn't matter if you love Sci-Fi, Horror, Action, Comedy or Romance movies there is something for everyone.

Personally, I love movies and I am probably one of those weird individuals who can watch and enjoy films from all the different genres. My list may surprise you, but I have narrowed the list down to my top five movies. Choosing only five movies was very difficult, but I am pleased with my selection. I should mention, I have watched these movies more than 20 times. Sorry, not Sorry! 

1. The Wizard of Oz:(1939) This film earned 2 Oscars and is one of my childhood favorites. I think the most fascinating thing about this movie is Dorothy's ruby slippers. Also, the fact that Dorothy befriends a cowardly lion, a scarecrow, and a tin man, who are looking for courage, a heart, and a brain. Dorothy just wants to go home and together they travel to the Emerald City to see the Wizard of Oz.

2. Star Wars:(1977) Although this film is now known as “Episode IV- A new Hope,” there was once a time where it was simply the first “Star Wars.” movie. I fell in love with this movie and the two that followed. A fun fact this movie is older than me, but I remember watching it when I was younger, and it quickly became one of my favorites. Even now, I still enjoy this movie. I guess you can call me a Star Wars nerd! I am totally okay with that.

The first three movies will always be my favorite and I must give George Lucas credit he knew what he was doing. If you have never seen this movie or any of the other Star War movies, I don’t know what to tell you. All I can say is if you want to see a Jedi Knight, a Wookie, and an overconfident pilot rescue a princess from Darth Vader this is the movie for you.

For many Star Wars fans, they are aware of the death of Carrie Fisher, who played Princess Leia. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the movies fair without her. I have no doubts!

*To watch the Star Wars movies chronologically here's the order*

Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Episode 4: A New Hope

Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Episode 6: Return of the Jedi

Episode 7: The Force Awakens

Episode 8: The Last Jedi

Episode 9:(Coming December 2019)q


3. Dirty Dancing:(1987) Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey warmed the hearts of movie-goers with their sexy moves and onscreen chemistry. The love story develops when Baby, falls for dance instructor Johnny. Honesty, what teenager girl wouldn’t want to be with a bad boy? Baby’s father doesn’t approve of Johnny, but that doesn’t stop them from getting involved with each. The best scene in the movie comes at the end when all Baby and Johnny perform the dance, they spent the summer practicing.

4. The Bodyguard:(1992) A former Secret Service agent is hired to protect pop singer Rachel, who is receiving threatening notes. Frank Farmer is a no-nonsense man who takes his job very seriously. However, Rachel is the typical Diva tries and ignores his orders. After performing at a club and being bombarded by fans Farmer comes to her rescue. Rachel decides to play by the rules but ends up falling in love with her bodyguard.


5Saving Private Ryan:(1998) First I want to start off by saying this movie won 5 Oscars and they were well deserved. The plot for this movie takes place shortly after the Normandy Invasion. Captain Miller, played by Tom Hanks is tasked on locating Private Ryan, played by Matt Damon after the Privates Ryan’s three brothers are killed in action.  This is my favorite World War II movie and I mean you can’t go wrong with Tom Hanks and Matt Damon. Fun fact: Steven Spielberg’s film is based on an actual solider. Due to the deaths of siblings in combat the Sole Survivor Policy was put in place. To read more about the policy visit https://www.thebalancecareers.com/sole-surviving-son-or-daughter-3345245.

I hope you enjoyed my list! What are some of your favorite movies? Do you agree with my top five list?


Until Next Time,
Samantha Jan


Comments

Popular Posts