Lambda Pi Eta- Communication Honor Society Induction


I used to talk about my academic achievements and be proud of them. However, some people think I am always bragging about my accomplishment or throwing it in their faces. Some family members have even said, "you think you're better than us because you're in college."

I have always felt the need to share good news with people and share positive vibes. But I guess the saying is true, not everyone wants to see you succeed. At this point, I have learned I really don't care about what the negative Nancy's have to say because I am proud of how far I've come academically.

This year, something incredible happened to me. In early, September I received an invitation to join Lambda Pi Eta (Alpha Chi Sigma Chapter) the National Communications Honor Society at Wilmington University, where I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in Media Communications.

The cool thing about this Honor Society that you can only by receiving an invitation. Some of the requirements are having a 3.8 GPA, be close to graduating and have a certain number of university credits to qualify. Obviously, I met all the requirements.

I RSVPed, to the invitation! My mother and I drove the 350+ miles from North Carolina to Delaware a couple weeks ago to attend the induction. Honestly, I almost didn't go because the negative words of others loomed over me like a dark cloud. I let those words interfere with my personal and academic achievements and confidence.

Despite having second thoughts about attending. My decision to go was the right choice. I had greatest time with my mom, and it reminded me that even though it took me until my twenties to establish a close relationship with her, she is really and truly is my biggest fan. The look of joy and pride in her face meant so much more than the negativity people were spewing.


Words of Advice: "Don't let someone else's negativity affect your positivity."

Until Next Time!

Samantha Jan
My mom & I at the Communications Honor Society! 



Comments

Popular Posts